[TxMt] Re: Options for real time css develpment

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Wed May 20 21:13:49 UTC 2009

On May 20, 2009, at 2:36 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 4 May 2009, at 08:56, Scott Haneda wrote:
>
>> [...] This comes back to my previous post of wanting to get host,
>> path, and URL/URI data in TM from remote ftp apps.  With this data,
>> there is a lot more than could be done [...]
>
> Just for the record, the ftp application only provide a custom display
> name, it does not provide the info as you describe it above. With
> knowledge of the ftp application used though you might be able to
> parse that from the display name (which will be provided to commands
> in the future).

Out of general curiosity here...

My probe to the Interarchy developer..
      Textmate and Interarchy communicate via the ODB Editor Suite
      so it should have the remote url. There may be some way to
      affect Textmate such that it displays this URL...

      I recommend contacting Macromate's support. They might be able
      to point you in the right direction.

I assume TM uses the ODB Editor suite, meaning that I should be able
to get to the info?  You mentioned parsing the display name, is this
the same thing?  Where can I see this display name?

Just for kicks, as I remember this from BBEdit, I set my editor to
TextWrangler, and inspired an edit from Interarchy, at the top of the
window in TextWrangler, I see:
	File-path: ftp://username:@example.com/file.php

Can you elaborate on the "custom display name" and how to get to it,
or point me to any helpful docs about it?  Or is this something that
is not user accessible in 1.x?

This is all I have found:
	http://manual.macromates.com/en/using_textmate_from_terminal
Who makes the "ODB Editor Suite", is this an Apple API, there seems to
be some confusion for me in who this api was made by.

Thank you Allan, I appreciate you taking the time to reply to this one.