[TxMt] TM2 feature request: project file & git

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Wed May 20 16:25:15 UTC 2009

Wherever I can I have switched to git. When switching branches (a
common thing with git), git replaces files 'in place'.

That has some side effects with TM:

- when I switch branches (say from the stable to the development
branch) and forget to close the project window first, TM happily
overwrites the project file. Thus I loose all the changes (eg new
classes added etc). Ideally TM should recognize that the project file
changed and reload it.

- Transitory information: TM seems to store transitory information
(window position or some such) in the project file, thus dirtying my
project. I'd prefer that TM would write that kind of info into a
separate file, so I can chose to track it or not.

How about some TM2 teasers?

Thanks

Gerd