[TxMt] Re: how can I make TextMate the default editor for text files on 10.5.6

Wed May 20 09:29:59 UTC 2009

On 29 Apr 2009, at 23:01, Christopher Creutzig wrote:

> [...] For some strange reason, I cannot convince tm to open a
> Makefile that is included in a project, but the OS believes should
> be opened in TextEdit [...]

For files in projects without extension TextMate will only open them
if they are set to open with TextMate (which in Leopard can ony be
done per-file), or if they are valid UTF-8.

Your Makefiles are likely not valid UTF-8, i.e. saved using another
encoding and containing non-ASCII.

I plan to do a minor update to 1.x and I put on the to-do to add some
hidden preference to whitelist certain filenames, which should solve
this.