[TxMt] Re: How to config the internal TM preview browser to run the MAMP PHP engine?

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Sat May 16 03:16:43 UTC 2009

On May 15, 2009, at 4:48 AM, sohdubom wrote:

> Thanks Igor and Scott for the great tips,
>
> Since I was previously following Scott's instructions I decided to
> try his
> last tip and changed the $PATH to:
> export
> PATH=/Applications/MAMP/Library/bin:/Applications/MAMP/bin/php5/bin:
> $PATH
>
> Now when I run phpinfo() in TM I get the right PHP from MAMP:
> PhpMate r11069 running PHP 5.2.6 (cli) (/Applications/MAMP/bin/php5/
> bin/php)

Good news, it is working then.

> note: the strange thing is that when I run phpinfo() from TM, my
> MAMP server
> was not running, is it ok?

Yes, the webserver is just that, a webserver, TM is running php via
the command line binary, therefor the webserver does not need to be up.

> The echo $PATH now returns:
> /Applications/MAMP/Library/bin:/Applications/MAMP/bin/php5/bin:/usr/
> bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin

Looks good to me.

> The which -a php returns:
> /Applications/MAMP/bin/php5/bin/php
> /usr/bin/ph

Also looks good.

This was a needed change for you, you really want your path to reflect
the fact that you have installed a new php. Now when you are in the
command line, you can just use `php` instead of the entire path.  You
now know for sure, you are not ever going to be using the Apple php
unless you explicitly tell the shell to do so.

Jibberia had a nice suggestion as well, which would have been a great
way to get TM to work how you wanted it right away.  However, in the
long run, I think best to get your environment variables set and
understood.