[TxMt] Re: How to config the internal TM preview browser to run the MAMP PHP engine?

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Wed May 13 17:38:40 UTC 2009

On May 12, 2009, at 4:49 AM, sohdubom wrote:

> ref. How to config the internal TM preview browser to run the MAMP PHP
> engine?
>
> When running PHP scripts with TM cmd+shift+R run command, the
> internal TM
> preview browser will use the system installed PHP engine. How can I
> config
> the internal TM preview browser to run the MAMP PHP engine instead?

Interesting, was wondering it myself the other day, though mine
naturally is using the php I installed, not the apple one.

I think the best way is to not change TM, but to change your
environment.

If I run echo phpInfo(); in TM, it shows me my used path is:
PhpMate r11069 running PHP 5.2.9 (cli) (/opt/local/bin/php)

Running `which php` in the terminal:
/opt/local/bin/php

I suspect yours will be:
/usr/bin/php

A few ways to solve it. move /usr/bin/php out of the way, symbolic
link to your other php.  Or, as I did, add the path the where my other
php and tools are...

( This is in ~/.bashrc if you do not have one, make it )
echo $PATH
/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/Users/me/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/
sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin

Those work in order, so the ones I want to load first, are first in
the list.  The first one is where my php is, /opt/local/bin