[TxMt] TM freezes for 10+ minutes on a file with Soft Wrap + Regexp slowness

David Ross david.o.ross at gmail.com
Fri May 8 04:52:14 UTC 2009

Hi guys,
I'm a new TM user and I've noticed two very peculiar things about TM.

When you have a file that has only one line break (say a minimized css or js
file) and if you have Soft Wrap enabled, TM will freeze for 10 minutes at a
time! Totally weird. Even a TextEdit works perfectly with something like
that.

Another issue is slow regexp. Whenever I execute regexp on a file that's
about 5K lines, TM freezes for 20+ seconds. I've never seen such a slow
regexp. Am I doing something wrong or is there a preference/switch that I
could set so it doesn't do that?

Thanks for any help!

Dave