[TxMt] Re: URLs with funny chars

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Thu May 7 08:00:48 UTC 2009

On May 7, 2009, at 12:42 AM, Juan Falgueras wrote:

> because a reason I can't understand, Wiki in spanish is using urls
> with funny chars like
>
> 	http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programación_dinámica_(computación)
>
> this only gives you problems, and TextMate is no an exception.  TM
> is unable to jump (Cmd-F1) to them.

For me, command-F1 does not do anything.  I looked around and do not
see a bundle item or built in that will open a url, which is what I
think you are trying to do.

I used your example url and ran it through "lookup selection on google
and link" and it worked well.

I made a very simple bundle of:
#!/bin/bash
open "$TM_SELECTED_TEXT"

Using your test url, it was able to pass it off to my default browser,
and open that url.  It did not encode the url, which would have been
better, and perhaps could solve your issues.

I would look at the bundle that controls your command F1 and see if
you can not url escape the portions of it, so it could for example,
come out like this:

   http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programaci%C3%B3n_din%C3%A1mica_%28computaci%C3%B3n%29