[TxMt] Latex - problem with "clean aux files" - nothing happens

A.M a.m at comhem.se
Wed May 6 22:51:53 UTC 2009

Hi guys!

I've been using TextMate for a while (still a bit of a newbie though),
especially for Latex and I really LOVE everything about it. However, after
making a clean install due to a new MacBook I'm having some problems with
cleaning up the aux files that is created when I press cmd-R.

As I remember from my previous installation - all the aux files were deleted
when I clicked "clean up" in the html-window (that is displayed after cmd-R)
or by hitting ctrl-alt-delete, but now nothing happens - all files are still
in the folder where the .latex and .bib files are and the html-window
displays "Found 0 errors, and 0 warnings in 0 runs" after "clean up".

Have I messed something up or is there some issues with the "trash aux
files" command? Please help as it's so frustrating to have to manually
delete these files when, for instance, I've made some changes in the
.bib-file and need to include this new citation - but it only results in a
[?] until I manually delete the aux files and re-run "Typeset and view".

My installation:
TextMate v. 1.5.8 (1498)
Latex Bundle rev. 11510
MacTex 2008 with Skim as my selected viewer

Thanks so much for your help!!

/AM

Ps. Some time ago I read in some forum (maybe here I don't remember, sorry)
that the issue with "umlauts" in labels for sections (etc.) would be
addressed by changing the umlauts to the "normal" character without the
umlaut or a "_"-character as other special characters. Any news on this?