[TxMt] Re: Update to my HTML bundle

minimal design textmate at minimaldesign.net
Tue May 5 12:48:49 UTC 2009

On May 4, 2009, at 8:00 AM, textmate-request at lists.macromates.com wrote:

> Does the presence of "HTML.tmbundle" just mean that I made some
> customization to it, and removing it will restore TM to the default in
> that particular bundle?  What do you suggest so I am using your new
> bundle, and the default TM one?

That's right. To get a clean version, just removing HTML and mHTML in
both folders (if you have one in both folders) and restarting should
do the trick.

> Looking at your bundle, looks nice, thank you.
> Take the <br /> for example, I made my own at some point in the past,
> using this:
>
> This allows the XHTML closing style to be preference defined, not hard
> coded in.  What do you think about applying that to all applicable
> cases?

Sounds interesting, but to be honest, I do everything in XHTML, so I
probably won't spend the time to get the bundle to be both HTML/XHTML
ready... unless I go back to HTML for HTML 5, which is not impossible :)

> I see perhaps some left over testing items, there are "cite copy" and
> "code copy", not sure if those are intentional.

This is actually on purpose and is there to add a extra tab trigger
(as far as I know, you can't add to different tab triggers to a single
snippet...). The idea was that, although the bundle works by typing
the 3 first letter of an element for all tab triggers, I'm guessing,
for four letter words it might be more intuitive to be able to type
"code" than "cod" so both are available... hope that makes sense.

Thanks!