[TxMt] Re: Hard Tabs for some languages only?

Édouard Gilbert edouard.gilbert at gmail.com
Fri May 1 09:33:11 UTC 2009

Le 30 avr. 09 à 20:20, Christopher Creutzig a écrit :

> Hi,

Hello.

> call it good or bad, I'm using soft tabs (spaces) for just about
> everything. The shop I work in doesn't even allow tabs in (most)
> source
> files. Soft tabs in TextMate work great – except that I really need
> hard
> tabs (just like everyone else) in Makefiles. So, what I currently keep
> doing is to copy&paste a tab character from some other place. I'd
> really
> love to tell TextMate to use hard tabs for everything in scope of the
> Makefile bundle, without changing my global setting. Is that possible?
> (If yes, why is it not active in the Makefile bundle?) Will it be
> possible in 2.0?

It’s already possible in 1.0. Change what you think is the global
setting while editing a Makefile. It should be set only for this
language. My makefile settings are 8, hard tabs while most of the
other are 2, soft, e.g. and this switch automatically whenever I
change the current language.

> Christopher

Édouard GILBERT
edouard.gilbert at gmail.com