[TxMt] Re: problem with PHP bundle, can I completely remove it?

Tommy Nordgren tommy.nordgren at comhem.se
Tue Mar 31 18:44:18 UTC 2009

On Mar 31, 2009, at 3:10 AM, Alex wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> I have been using TextMate for nearly three years. I just recently
> switched jobs and purchased a new MacBook. I've been using the 30
> day trial for about a week - planning to purchase my key soon.
>
> Despite using TextMate with PHP for so long, I haven't ever used the
> PHP bundle.
> This evening I downloaded it - tested it for a while - but found it
> to make TextMate very unstable. I'd select the bundles menu to try
> out each PHP bundle, but every second or third time the app would
> freeze for a few seconds, then crash.
> My console indicated: 'unrecognized selector sent to instance
> 0x15c29800' right before the crash.
>
> I tried removing textmate and deleting the php.tmbundle from /
> library/application support/textmate/bundles/ then i reinstalled
> textmate and tried everything again - same result.
>
> So, I removed it for the second time (and also the bundle in /
> library/application support/textmate/bundles/) -
> Now, when looking at my console and working on a php file, I see
> many instances of "didn't find rule named source.php" -
>
> This ticket: http://ticket.macromates.com/show?ticket_id=8D6BF285
> concludes that "That error indicates that you deleted or disabled
> the PHP bundle and are working with HTML files (with embedded PHP)."
>
> I really liked the php bundle, but I'd hate to turn an 'always
> stable' app to 'incredibly unstable' ... so, I'd be satisfied with
> relying on my own snippets... but I am concerned with the error that
> I am still getting in my console.
> Is there anything I can do to completely remove that bundle?
>
> I don't want to purchase a key until I get this issue worked out.
> I'm not sure how to proceed, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Alex

	Check how your PATH environment variable is set up in your shell
initialisation file.
TextMate uses it to set the path before running commands. I had
problem with the Subversion bundle,
before removing the locally build ruby I had installed in /usr/local/
bin (which come before /usr/bin in my path)
This sig is dedicated to the advancement of Nuclear Power
Tommy Nordgren
tommy.nordgren at comhem.se