[TxMt] Re: newbie subversion question

Thorsten Hamann textmate at thisisnotamerica.de
Fri Mar 27 22:42:44 UTC 2009

Gerd Knops schrieb:
> I can only shake my head when people throw out wild guesses like that...

So you know professional software developers who don't know Subversion?
I'd say "professional" and "not knowing svn" are mutually exclusive.

> Subversion is quickly being obsoleted by more powerful tools.

And we all know that companies switch versioning tools all the time. Oh
wait, they don't. The bigger ones use commercial systems like Perfoce, I
agree, but I haven't seen it very often. Hell, I even still see RCS/CVS
in daily use for BSD config files at some of my clients. Anyone who
knows the former qualifies for the Get-Off-My-Lawn club. ;)

Just out of curiosity, which ones do you mean? I sure hope you aren't
talking about the git hype from the Rails community. (I [heart] git,
BTW, but haven't seen it in use outside the Rails context.)

Thorsten
--
Jesus saves. Buddha makes incremental backups.