[TxMt] Unindent / text shift left annoyance

Eric Sean Conner conner at Fh-Worms.DE
Mon Mar 2 15:37:04 UTC 2009

I find TextMate's behavior when unindenting (text shift left or cmd-[)
text slightly annoying. Often times the cursor is pretty much at the
end of a line when I decide to unindent. If I need to unindent a
couple of steps, the cursor jumps down one line when the end of line
crosses the cursor position. To prevent this from happening I always
have to move to the beginning of the line before unindenting. I'd
prefer the cursor to simply stay on the line I'm unindenting (Xcode
works this way) no matter which column the cursor is positioned in.

Does anyone know if it is possible to modify/extend/whatever TextMate
to behave like Xcode in this respect?

Thanks in advance