[TxMt] Re: AS3 AutoComplete - No joy

Gaby Vanhegan gaby at vanhegan.net
Mon Jun 29 21:11:21 UTC 2009

On 29 Jun 2009, at 21:24, Simon Gregory wrote:

>> I have so far failed to get any good looking AS3 autocomplete.  What
>> do I need to do to work out what's going wrong?  I am getting this
>> when I press Alt-Esc:
>>
>> 	please select a class to locate the package for
>
> The auto completion you're trying to invoke is scope sensitive and
> will only work within a public class. Judging from the message you're
> seeing I'd say you were within a package statement, ie the bundles
> expecting you to be completing an import declaration.

I see.  I't trying to get the nice Dialog2 popup window for function
completion.  Is there something different I need to be doing?  I
suspect I'm just hitting the wrong keyboard shortcut.  Here's a tester
of what I'm doing:

package {
	import flash.display.Sprite;
	public class GabyTest extends Sprite {
		public function GabyTest ( ) : void {

			this.graphics.(press Alt-Esc)

		}
	}
}

And I still get the same error message.  Most likely the problem is
between the screen and the seat, I'm hoping you can help! :)

G.

--
Uganda Maximum - Enemy of the English Thrust
http://www.playr.co.uk/