[TxMt] Re: tm_dialog -- outside of TextMate?

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Mon Jun 29 18:55:12 UTC 2009

On 6/27/09 10:25 AM, in article
7a9c25c20906271025m10265fdag19125267b024625f at mail.gmail.com, "Stephen
Hansen" <apt.shansen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone know if there's a way to poke tm_dialog into just doing its thing
> /outside/ of TextMate? Or, something else out there which fulfills a similar
> use? I saw CocoaDialogs, but what I loved about tm_dialog was that it could
> run custom nib's.

If you're going to provide your own interface with a custom nib, then you
might like to consider embedding your shell script as an automator action
and saving as an automator workflow.

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/AppleApplications/Conceptual/Automa
torConcepts/Articles/ShellScriptActions.html

http://developer.apple.com/appleapplications/transformscriptintoaction.html

This is a very easy built-in way to wrap a shell script in some interface.

Or, have a look at Pashua:

http://www.bluem.net/en/mac/pashua/

m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = matt at tidbits.com, <http://www.tidbits.com/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!