[TxMt] Re: Problem creating a new XCode project using the XCode plug in

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Wed Jun 24 18:30:54 UTC 2009

On Jun 24, 2009, at 11:21 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 24 Jun 2009, at 17:37, Gerd Knops wrote:
>
>> On Jun 24, 2009, at 5:14 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>>
>>> Well, I did the bundle and I have moved away from Xcode project
>>> files
>>> (using CMake now).
>>
>> Even for Cocoa-based projects? How is that working?
>
> Yes, and it works very well, but I had to write a lot of CMake
> support code to get to where I am now.

> [...]
>
> As you can probably imagine, I feel that it is vastly superior
> working this way than having to maintain Xcode project files :)

Which is why I was asking! Hate to do this, and was hoping maybe TM2
somehow offers tighter integration. But this sounds like an
interesting alternative!

How do you debug? Besides the annoying maintaining of project files,
this is pretty much the only function I use Xcode for, and the
Debugger GUI is nice (compared to terminal). Or can TM2 talk to the
debugger?

BTW I replaced NSLog with a more configurable system that prefixes
output with file and line number, so that in TMs 'Build With Xcode'
window I can just click on any output and TM shows that line in the
code. And exceptions work similar, I can just click on any place in
the stack trace. Very handy! And other than iVars and properties my
header-files are also all auto-generated, big time saver.

Also do you use git? I have modified the git part in the ProjectPlus
plugin a lot so that it is much smarter about more complex project
setups (I have projects heavily borrowing code from each other, and PP
now tracks that correctly). Wonder if I should try and find the time
to commit those changes.

Thanks

Gerd