[TxMt] Re: TM2 feature request: project file & git

Wed Jun 24 09:57:37 UTC 2009

On 15 Jun 2009, at 17:41, Adam Strzelecki wrote:

>> Also, it offers 3-way merge when files on disk change which also have
>> local (unsaved) changes :)
>
> If this is true, 3-way merge will be a KILLER FEATURE of TM2 [...]

This is why I shouldn’t talk about 2.0 stuff — taken out of context, I
see how this can be interpreted, but no, TM 2 does NOT have any UI for
file merging.

What I was referring to is the situation where a file has local
unsaved changes but is then also changed on disk, which can happen if
you switch branch. 1.x then allows you to keep local version (old
file) or reload file (new file, losing changes), 2.0 will do a 3-way
merge, i.e. apply your local changes to the new version of the file on
disk.