[TxMt] Re: Slow bundles

Juho Makkonen juho.makkonen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 20:07:39 UTC 2009

Alex Ross wrote:
> On Jun 3, 2009, at 12:09 PM, Juho Makkonen wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Many of my Textmate commands are slow and take up to 15 seconds. My
>> problem seems to be the same than the one described in this thread:
>> http://lists.macromates.com/textmate/2006-January/007647.html. The top
>> command shows that the bash seems to be taking up all available CPU
>> cycles while TextMate is loading. This is really annoying, since this
>> happens with even very basic bundle commands like bolding in LaTeX,
>> which renders the commands in LaTeX bundle virtually unusable.
>>
>> I tried the solution provided in this post:
>> http://lists.macromates.com/textmate/2006-January/007705.html.
>> However,
>> I don't have fink or any other suspicious lines in my .bash_profile,
>> .bash_login or .profile files. Does anyone have any idea on what might
>> possibly cause the problem?
>>

> Any chance you could paste your .bash_profile / .profile ?

Sure. Actually neither of those files contains anything at the moment,
but /etc/profile contains these lines (they are there by default after
the installation, i believe):

# System-wide .profile for sh(1)

if [ -x /usr/libexec/path_helper ]; then
        eval `/usr/libexec/path_helper -s`
fi

if [ "${BASH-no}" != "no" ]; then
        [ -r /etc/bashrc ] && . /etc/bashrc