[TxMt] Re: Extending comment definition?

Tue Jun 2 05:37:45 UTC 2009

On 26 May 2009, at 08:10, Christopher Creutzig wrote:

> (BTW: The C language definition includes a couple of things I can't
> remember seeing before: iterate? riterate? Can someone explain these?
> And I thought new was a C++ keyword, not C?)

The iterate/riterate keywords are not standard but some macros I often
use (they do beginof/endof on the container argument to obtain STL-
conforming iterators, and I then have begin/endof overloads for
practically everything, including primitive arrays, Cocoa containers,
etc.).

They are in the grammar only to avoid having them be mistaken for a
function prototype. As for ‘new’ it probably needed to be in the C
grammar due to how it takes over parsing certain constructs even when
included from C++.