[TxMt] Re: Shared Devices List

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Thu Jul 30 20:53:12 UTC 2009

On 7/30/09 12:44 PM, in article
6109187a0907301244w2b5ada71y63911f4c89d30476 at mail.gmail.com, "brad tittle"
<brad.tittle at trainnow.net> wrote:

> When I plug in my laptop to my network, it appears in the finder as an
> available shared device. The finder obviously gets notice that a new device is
> available. Anyone know how to capture that particular message?

Well, it depends who you are. Are you the Finder? The Finder is a Carbon app
and probably does it by registering for the appropriate Carbon Event. Are
you a Cocoa app? A Cocoa app would likely do it by registering for an
NSWorkspace notification.

<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/ApplicationKit/Cla
sses/NSWorkspace_Class/Reference/Reference.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/20000391
-BCIEFIDI>

No polling ("cron job", as you call it) is involved.

Very hard to see what this has to do with TextMate... m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = matt at tidbits.com, <http://www.tidbits.com/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!