[TxMt] Re: Markdown Bundle: Headings Commands broken -- undefined method 'rstrip'

Tue Jul 21 21:38:26 UTC 2009

On 18 Jul 2009, at 12:09, Martin Kühl wrote:

>> […]
>> Any idea what is going wrong here?
>
> Are you using the commands while your cursor is on the first line?
>
> Setext-style headers are of the form
>
> This is a heading
> =================
>
> and the commands calculate the amount of symbols to write from the
> length of the actual heading. So to use the commands, write your
> heading, move to the next line and invoke the command.
>
> The error message could, of course, use improvement :-)

Yeah, I’ll update it.

Just to add though: The intended use of the commands is to press
return after your heading, then type either a ‘-’ or
‘=’ (depending on style of desired heading) and follow that with a
press of the tab key — they are not designed to be invoked via the
menu / ⌃⌘T (not that there are anything wrong with that, just a lot
more tedious, and why we didn’t consider them being invoked with
caret on first line of document).