[TxMt] Re: Ant bundle patch

Simon Gregory simon at helvector.org
Wed Jan 28 23:02:18 UTC 2009

>> Below is a patch for the Ant bundle.  It fixes up the htmlization
>> of the Ant output (escapes the output correctly so that, for example,
>> generics display correctly).  It also turns htmlization back on, so
>> that you can click on error messages to jump to the appropriate line
>> again.  Finally, it adds source.java to the scope of the build
>> command
>> so you can build from a source file, not just from the build file.
>
> Can you please send this patch to me directly as an attachment.

Can you cc me in on this too - and thanks for the patch :)

I intentionally made the Build.tmCommand generic so it copes with any
output, so as long the changes to htmlize_ant.py cope with this then
all's good. I'm expecting that it's tailored to Java compiler output
and a comment/tip explaining how to customise the command would be
more appropriate.

That said if the majority of people are using the Ant bundle for Java
development then maybe it should work out of the box for those users?
I use it for ActionScript/Flex so I'm biased in the other direction...

Cheers,
Simon