[TxMt] Re: Searching the Objective-C documentation

Tue Jan 6 03:15:23 UTC 2009

On 1 Jan 2009, at 14:56, dreamcat7 wrote:

> [...] searches on Apple Docset [...]
> To access this feature you must type in and select the word into your
> document before proceeding.

You needn’t select it, just have the caret “on it”.

> However it strikes me that adding an alternative method to use the
> script (probably a Search box) could be useful.

Great idea. I often type in keywords followed by ⌃H, but we could
make ⌃H popup a dialog when there is no current word (or word is not
found), we do that for ⌃H in HTML mode (and maybe a few others).

We can’t really do a list of terms (to filter) though since there are
thousands of terms and we don’t really know them beforehand.

> Or perhaps we will need some kind of re-write because there another
> place at the beginning of the file where "the selected word" is used
> for input?

Yeah, I don’t think it is an easy change, also because we have
different doc commands depending on context in Objective-C. The stuff
is long overdue for refactoring though.