[TxMt] Re: Python Bundle Problem - uncaught signal #11 after...

Michael Dewar mikedewar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 09:17:25 UTC 2009

On 20 Feb 2009, at 21:36, Alex Ross wrote:

>> <snip>
>> my  Python scripts no longer run when I hit cmd-R. The error is:
>>
>> Program terminated by uncaught signal #11 after 6.26 seconds.
>>
>> Followed by a Mac OS X "The application Python quit unexpectedly"
>> dialogue box. I can replicate the problem by creating and running a
>> file with
>> the following command:
>>
>> from scipy import special
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> Running "from scipy import special" in both the python and ipython
>> terminals, and running the above file from the command line all work
>> fine.
>
> Is the same version of python being used in both TextMate and the
> terminal?  In terminal do a “which python” and copy the results to
> TM_PYTHON in TextMate's Shell Variables preference pane.  Does that
> correct the issue?

Hi Alex, thanks for your response - I've had a go at that and it
doesn't correct the issue! I still get a similar error. The Python
path in the PATH shell variable is the same as that reported by "which
python", and is now the same as TM_PYTHON:

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin/python

I should say that the error I'm getting isn't a Python error - I mean
it seems to be a shell error or something to do with textmate (I don't
pretend to understand). Is there anything else I could try?

Mike