[TxMt] Re: ruby bundle patch for magic heredoc tokens

Amiel Martin amiel.martin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 22:00:06 UTC 2009

Update: http://pastie.org/394164

1. switched the following languages to use a magic heredoc token
instead of a comment.
   In order to match, the heredoc token should END WITH the magic
string for that language.
   The following are supported:
     * HTML
     * SQL
     * CSS
     * CPP
     * C
     * JS|JAVASCRIPT|JQUERY
     * SH|SHELL
     * RUBY
2. there was one way to trigger ruby scope, by have a heredoc token of *_EVAL
   now, there are two options:
     * foobar = <<-RUBY
     * eval <<-FOOBAR # works with eval, module_eval and class_eval
3. spport for <<-'FOOBAR' and <<-"FOOBAR" although the non-interpolated
   version is still scoped as an interpolated string

NOTES:
 * in the case of *_eval, I don't know how to get the *_eval part not
   to be scoped as part of the heredoc
 * both C and SH can easily be the end of another word
   for example: foo = <<-FOOLISH # <- matches as a shell script

TODO:
 * support <<HEREDOC magic tokens for embedded languages
   (for some reason <<-? isn't getting this)