[TxMt] Re: Textmate stalls, uses all CPU

Sven Axelsson sven.axelsson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 20:02:12 UTC 2009

2009/2/12 Alex Ross <tm-alex at rosiba.com>

> On Feb 11, 2009, at 3:18 PM, Sven Axelsson wrote:
>
> > After upgrading to Textmate 1.5.8 the program has all of a sudden
> > started to use all CPU and allocating more and more memory for no
> > apparent reason. It then beachballs and has to be forced to quit.
> > This happens even with a single, small file open. Anyone else seeing
> > this?

It actually happens with single, small files in several languages, albeit
somewhat obscure ones. One occurrence is with Lilypond files containing
columnar text markup, and another is with AsciiDoc where I can make this
happen by typing "> x" (without the quotes) in a file. Has there been any
changes to the Oniguruma library or to the syntax parser I wonder? Errors in
the syntax files should really not kill Texmate.

--
Sven Axelsson