[TxMt] Re: Encoding output window to ISO-8859-1?

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Fri Feb 13 15:43:27 UTC 2009

Sorry, I misunderstood you.

On 13.02.2009, at 15:54, jdmuys at free.fr wrote:
> I would like to be able to set the TextMate output window to
> ISO-8859-1 so that it displays my test data correctly.

As far as I know this is not possible. The output window is set to
UTF-8.

If you want to run a Ruby script via APPLE+R you can try this:

#!/usr/bin/env ruby -wKU

require "iconv"

file = File.open("/Users/bibiko/Desktop/test.txt", "r")
file.each { |line| print Iconv.iconv("UTF-8","LATIN1",line) }
file.close

which outputs the test.txt content correctly. You can then define a
function printLATIN1() or similar.

--Hans