[TxMt] Re: "no such file to load" error on require in Ruby Run command

James Gray james at grayproductions.net
Wed Feb 11 17:12:07 UTC 2009

On Feb 11, 2009, at 8:31 AM, David Carter wrote:

> I'm getting this message only the first time I cmd-R a ruby script.

We've debated this over IRC a bit to try and think up a way this can
happen.  Good problem.  :)

About the only explanation we can think up is that the require you
have is part of some conditional expression and thus doesn't always
execute.  Or perhaps you change the environment sometimes, before Ruby
tries the require.  Obviously, we're guessing.

It does look like your require is a bit down in the logic though (line
56 according to the stack trace).  Does moving it to the top make the
script fail more consistently?

Also, in case our guesswork is bad, what version of TextMate are you
using?  Did you just happen to upgrade to the new version and did this
problem just surface then?

James Edward Gray II