[TxMt] Re: Textmate: How do I enter a repeated sequence of characters?

Matt Bauman mbauman.lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 17:14:28 UTC 2009

On 07/02/2009, at 11:24 AM, Debajit wrote:
> In emacs, I can do a
>
> C-u 60 -
> that's a Ctrl+U followed by a "60" followed by a "-", which makes
> entering a repeated sequence of characters easy.
>
> Is there any way to do something like this in TextMate?

You can identically duplicate this functionality across all (Cocoa) OS X apps.
Enter the following in Terminal:

defaults write -g NSRepeatCountBinding -string "^u"

Now, by default this conflicts with TextMate's binding for uppercase... I
don't know which will take priority. You can make the NSRepeatCountBinding
string something different, or you can change TextMate's setting in
Textmate.app/Contents/Resources/KeyBindings.dict