[TxMt] Re: Default file type

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Wed Feb 4 12:55:27 UTC 2009

On 04.02.2009, at 13:35, Adam Reynolds wrote:

> I'm trying Textmate out and wondering if it's possible to set a
> default file type. I'm using it pretty much exclusively for editing
> SQL and would like it to default to SQL highlighting rather than plain
> test
>
> Adam
>
> Truphone and SIM4travel are trading names of Software Cellular
> Network Ltd. registered in England and Wales (registered company
> number: 4187081). Registered office: 5 New Street Square, London
> EC4A 3TW
>
> This e-mail, and any attachment/s, may contain information which is
> confidential or privileged, and is intended for the addressee only.
> If you are not the intended recipient, you may not disclose, copy or
> distribute this information in any manner whatsoever. If you have
> received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately
> and delete it.

See http://manual.macromates.com/en/expert_preferences.html chapter
22.6 OakDefaultLanguage
which refers to http://lists.macromates.com/textmate/2006-February/008276.html

In your case to set the default language to SQL simply execute the
following line in the Terminal:

defaults write com.macromates.textmate OakDefaultLanguage
C49120AC-6ECC-11D9-ACC8-000D93589AF6

--Hans