[TxMt] Re: HTML vs. PHP

Mon Feb 2 19:59:13 UTC 2009

On 2 Feb 2009, at 17:10, Nigel Green wrote:

> I think this is more a new angle on an old question - can anyone tell
> me what I *lose* if I work with PHP in PHP-mode rather than HTML-mode?

http://wiki.macromates.com/Troubleshooting/PHPSyntaxHighlight

As for what you lose, well, we tried to make it not completely broken,
by having the PHP grammar itself double the <?php … ?> rules, but you
will of course lose proper parsing of what’s outside those tags.

As for your problems working with PHP in HTML using the mode we
designed for this, if you specifically list your problems, maybe it is
something we can address.