[TxMt] Re: [OT] an interesting UI

Adam Sharp adsharp at me.com
Tue Dec 8 12:45:20 UTC 2009

Did you actually have a look at the Ommwriter website? http://www.ommwriter.com/. It's in beta, and free.

On 7 Dec 2009, at 15:08, Rick DeNatale wrote:

> This reminds me of WriteRoom
> http://www.hogbaysoftware.com/products/writeroom
>
> Only with more toys to distract you.

I was sceptical too, but I downloaded the app to give it a go. Sure it seems to be full of "toys", but IMHO the stroke of genius is in the ambient background music. Once I got started with an Ommwriter session I was engrossed within 5 minutes, no distractions. The music combined with the serene background image really does help you focus (and I mean really---try me).

Adam Sharp