[TxMt] Edit in Textmate Snow Leopard Services/Context Menu Commands

ells public elspub at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 23:55:43 UTC 2009

Attached are two services written to take advantage of Snow Leopard's
context menu/automator integration.

TxtToTM sends text selected in any application and opens a new TextMate
window with that text inserted.  There is a rudimentary heuristic set up to
check if the text is Javascript/HTML/CSS/Applescript and set the textmate
bundle type accordingly. This is implemented through an Applescript in
Automator. So this can be extended/improved/hacked by the many textmate
users who are, no doubt, more proficient in Applescript than me.

Edit in Textmate will open any file or folder selected in Finder in
Textmate. Folders open to Projects.
These services show up when contextually appropriate (i.e. when you have
text selected it will be in your right click menu).

To install unzip, and put the two files in ~/Library/Services. You may need
to go to System Preferences/Keyboard/Services and make sure the box next to
each of them is checked for them to show up in your context menu.

These are written using Automator's new Create Service function in Snow
Leopard, so are 64 bit compatible. I have no idea if they would work in
10.5.