[TxMt] Re: Textmate and Mecurial

Carsten Hoever hoever at gmx.de
Mon Aug 31 05:58:38 UTC 2009

> I did but nothing happens.

What exactly do you mean by nothing happens? Do you want to say that
you don't see anything in your terminal or does the commit fail?

For me, standard behaviour for 'hg commit' is to open TM (set as
standard editor with 'mate -rw'), I write the commit message, save,
close and get back to the terminal. In the terminal, there's no visual
clue that the commit was successful, but for example hg view clearly
shows it.

> rgreen wrote:
>>
>> I have setup textmate as the default editor in terminal.
>>
>> so, when I type 'hg commit' it opens textmate. I enter the message
>> on the
>> first line after the headers and hit save and close textmate and
>> nothing
>> happens. What am I doing wrong?

Shouldn't you write the message on the first line, i.e. above the
headers where the caret is placed automatically? At least that's what
I do and it works for me.

HTH,

Carsten