[TxMt] Re: Trying to figure how to color code a text file

MDX-LE dj9027 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 02:58:24 UTC 2009

text-ed wrote:

> I am trying to make sense of the rules/language grammar in textmate. What
> language is it?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I tried comprehending that a while ago.. still cant comprehend it.
Guess Its only for high funda programmers.
Butttt.... with some trial and error came up with this..,

Try this

1. Create a language and name it something like MyCSV
2. Then edit the language so that it has these changes

{	scopeName = 'text.html.csv';
	fileTypes = ( );
	foldingStartMarker = '/\*\*|\{\s*$';
	foldingStopMarker = '\*\*/|^\s*\}';
	patterns = (
		{	name = 'keyword.control.untitled';
			match = '^.+,';
		},
		{	name = 'string.quoted.double.untitled';
			begin = '"';
			end = '"';
			patterns = (
				{	name = 'constant.character.escape.untitled';
					match = '".+$\n';
				},
			);
		},
	);
}

3. Set the language association of the CSV file opened in TM to "MyCSV"
4. Value 1 will be Blue and value 2 will be Green.

I dont know if thats the way to do it, but sure it will work !

HTH