[TxMt] File Open -- Cancel Command

brad tittle brad.tittle at trainnow.net
Thu Aug 20 16:26:57 UTC 2009

Hi,
I have made the following
blunder a couple of times. I go to open a file in textMate using
File->Open and am in column view. I accidentally double click on the
folder instead of single clicking. In list view or icon view this
would just open the folder and go to the next level. In column view
this actually opens the folder in textMate. If you are unfortunate
enough to do this at low enough a level, textMate will then start
scanning the entire folder hierarchy.

I seem to remember seeing a command that would stop this process. I
searched the archives of the list, but apparently I didn't on the
right word choices.

BTW. Part of the beauty of textMate is that it doesn't protect you from such
blunders. My chain saw expects me to know not to run it while the chain is
directed at my own leg. If I put a guard on the chain, it would make the
tool REALLY hard to use.

Currently I just force quit textMate and start over. I just wonder if there
is a better way.

Have a great day.

--
Brad Tittle