[TxMt] Re: can't use latex

Paul McCann pmccann at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 00:32:35 UTC 2009

xxx <xxxx> wrote:

> I'm using Leopard 10.5.7. and the variable PATH is set to "
> /usr/texbin/kpsewhi".
> Is it correct?

Almost certainly not: I would imagine that

"/usr/texbin"

would be the appropriate directory here, as it contains all the tex/latex
binaries. (Do you really have a directory "/usr/texbin/kpsewhi"? That looks
like it's a truncated version of the location of the "kpsewhich" utility,
which finds latex bits and pieces (ie it's the latex version of the usual
"which" command in unix.)

More to the point: I don't think you actually need to set the PATH manually
for latex to work: if you've used MacTeX to install things TextMate should
find what it needs to compile your files automatically. See the "Help" file
inside the latex bundle.

Cheers,
Paul