[TxMt] Re: Problem with MultiMarkdown PDF generation

David Watson davidthewatson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 22:04:44 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 5:22 PM, Fletcher T. Penney <
fletcher at fletcherpenney.net> wrote:

> As the author of MultiMarkdown, and having generated countless PDF's from
> plain text and HTML, and not having the faintest clue what HTMLDOC is, I can
> guarantee you that htmldoc _is not_ a requirement for PDF generation when
> using Multimarkdown.
>
> The PDF commands in TextMate that are associated with MMD do not require
> htmldoc.

Well, I'm confused, because there's clearly a disconnect between the reality
that you're describing and the reality that exists in the markdown bundle on
my machine:

david-watsons-macbook-pro:Markdown.tmbundle david$ grep htmldoc * -ir
Commands/.svn/text-base/↓↓ Convert Document:Selection to
PDF.plist.svn-base:# convert to PDF with htmldoc
Commands/.svn/text-base/↓↓ Convert Document:Selection to
PDF.plist.svn-base:require_cmd htmldoc
Commands/.svn/text-base/↓↓ Convert Document:Selection to
PDF.plist.svn-base:htmldoc -f "$DST.pdf" --header "" --footer "" --webpage
"$DST.html"
Commands/↓↓ Convert Document:Selection to PDF.plist:# convert to PDF with
htmldoc
Commands/↓↓ Convert Document:Selection to PDF.plist:require_cmd htmldoc
Commands/↓↓ Convert Document:Selection to PDF.plist:htmldoc -f "$DST.pdf"
--header "" --footer "" --webpage "$DST.html"

Is MMD part of the markdown bundle? Why do these commands invoke htmldoc? I
certainly don't believe that I introduced the dependency on htmldoc. I used
textmate at several workplaces years ago and recall having a very similar
discussion about this then.

Thanks,
David