[TxMt] Re: Problem with MultiMarkdown PDF generation

David Watson davidthewatson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 21:04:50 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 12:31 PM, Geoff Beier <geoff at mollyandgeoff.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I installed htmldoc from here:
> > http://www.brothersoft.com/htmldoc-for-mac-download-200361.html
>
> That download site makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I
> would not use anything I downloaded from there:
> http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/brothersoft.com

Yep, unfortunately I realized what was going on long after the download.
While they clearly have the right to ask for payment for bundling the dmg,
these sites masquerading this stuff as if it's not commercial are
bothersome. I didn't see the 20 day freeware license bit until after I
installed. I guess I should read those installer texts more carefully but
really, who has time?

After I realized my error, I downloaded htmldoc from macports and now it's
working great. Thanks.

-david