[TxMt] Re: problem with project plus and git: commits not properly recognized

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Tue Apr 14 19:44:32 UTC 2009

On Apr 14, 2009, at 2:37 PM, Max Lein wrote:

> I'm using git to keep different versions and branches of my projects
> in repositories. Unfortunately, Project Plus does not properly
> recognize files that git watches as well as the status of files that
> it (correctly) recognizes as part of my git repository.
>
> I am using `freely' managed projects, i. e. those you can create via
> File > New Project and drag files into. I do not (want to) drag my
> whole project folder onto the TextMate icon. If I do that, Project
> Plus correctly labels the status of my files (part of repository or
> not, modified or not modified). The problem is not just cosmetic, I've
> discovered that files which Project Plus does not properly recognize
> are not part of commits!
>
> The solution is that you need to move the location of a file (e. g. by
> reshuffling or so), then, apparently, Project Plus updates the
> properties of all files.
>
> Is this a known problem?

Hi,

I can't speak for the project, but I have had similar experiences with
more complex project setups. Since at the time nobody seemed to be
working on it I modified the git part of Project Plus severely, which
should help in most cases. If there is interest and I can find some
time, I'll update my version to the latest PP (mine is one version
back) and see if I can figure out how to bundle up a patch or worst
case the entire project.

Gerd