[TxMt] Re: how can I make TextMate the default editor for text files on 10.5.6

John Laudun jlaudun at mac.com
Tue Apr 14 16:48:15 UTC 2009

Thanks, Allan, for both the replies.

> I?d argue that ?name? is meta data for the ?content? with the agreed
> upon convention that it uses a format like ??title?[.?type?]? ? a
> resource fork is just another piece of content meta data which is very
> fragile since it won?t survive a lot of the mechanisms used to
> transfer content (unlike the name), so there is little reason trying
> to split up the name into ?title? and ?type? and then store the ?type?
> in a new meta data field.

I agree completely about the resource fork. I'm afraid my comment was
confusing and it seemed like I longed for the days of resource forks
getting lost when you transferred files across platforms. (I'd be just
as happy to be rid of the extension.)

And I filed my first bug report with Apple.

> Make a column selection of the desired width (and with desired indent)
> then hit ?Q and TM will reflow the paragraph to be ?in a box?.

Doh! I knew that and had forgotten it. I feel like such a punk now.
(I'd still like to automate the process, but I want to try to do it
myself.)