[TxMt] Re: Getting windows into tabs

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Tue Apr 14 09:58:35 UTC 2009

On Apr 14, 2009, at 1:59 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 13 Apr 2009, at 07:34, Scott Haneda wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> How developed is 1.x these days anyway?  I have been using it a few
>> months, and have the check for updates section on in the prefs.  I
>> have not seen an update come along.  Without asking the "when is 2"
>> question that apparently is not a good question to ask :) how much
>> more is coming along in 1.x?
>
> 1.x won’t see any real work, all resources are spent on 2.0, and I can
> confirm that it will have tabs (and file browser) available for all
> windows (there are no distinction between project and document
> windows, likewise the Find and Find in Project has also been unified),
> but generally I do not answer 2.0 questions because there are just soo
> many of them and I also do not want to entice people with features
> that I may eventually not end up delivering, as it is still work in
> progress.

Thanks for the tidbits.  I really appreciate it.  I understand why you
want to limit time spent on answering 2.0 questions.  One small
suggestion I can offer, is to post little updates that it is coming
along, even if that is all that is said.

There have been a handful of times where I have invested a lot of my
time in learning something, or worse, code in a legacy language,
assuming progress was being made.  This mostly dates back to the OS 9
to OS X transitions days.

I sit with a lot of my time invested in products that never moved
forward.  Knowing that TM 2.0 is coming, is about all I would ever
need to know to continue to use this version, knowing there is not
going to be some awful day when I am forced to retrain my brain to a
new editor, cause a new OS bump came out.

Just some food for thought.  Not everyone is on the mailing list, and
most I suspect just look at the website.