[TxMt] Re: Unsubscribe

David Frascone dave at frascone.com
Tue Sep 16 15:23:32 UTC 2008

As a list admin for several dozen lists, I can vouch for how annoying it is
that people can handle a multi step process of subscribing to a list, but
can not manage to "find" the list page, that is listed at the bottom of
every mail.
Plus, the unsubscribe messages are usually rude, as is the one below.  If
this was a list that I administered, and I had received a unicast mail,
worded like the one below, I would have still responded in kind.  If you're
smart enough to be able to sign up for a list, you should be smart enough to
be able to un-subscribe from it.

Of course, if you have trouble differentiating textmate from
textmate-owners, then, maybe you have other issues :)

I guess my point is:  The list admins probably get up to a dozen similar
requests a week from people having trouble with subscription.  And that does
not include people who violate the list in other ways (sending spam, posting
from non-subscribed accounts, having huge cc lists, etc).  I feel they
should get a little slack when it comes to dealing with time-wasting
requests.  IMHO, it's a great time to vent.

Just my $.02 worth,

-Dave