[TxMt] Re: Next/previous tab bindings?

Mon Sep 8 07:20:08 UTC 2008

On 8 Sep 2008, at 08:32, Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:

> On 08.09.2008, at 04:05, Michael Sheets wrote:
>
>> On Sep 7, 2008, at 8:04 PM, Jay Levitt wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to get all my apps to use the same basic keystrokes.
>>> After a
>>> random dice roll, I decided on command-{ and } for previous/next
>>> tab.  But I
>>> can't figure out what to put in KeyBindings.dict; the obvious,
>>> "previousTab:" and "nextTab:", didn't work.  Neither did
>>> "selectNextTabViewItem:" and "selectPreviousTabViewItem:".
>>
>> System Preferences → Keyboard & Mouse → Keyboard Shortcuts
>
> Please forgive me. But how? AFAIK the 'TAB' command doesn't appear in
> the TM menu. [...]

By next/previous tab, I think the OP means the file tabs, not snippet
tab stops / placeholders.

As for the former, I am like 99.9% decided on switching to ⌘{/⌘}
because of how this is Apple’s de facto standard (Safari + Terminal),
though it gives a problem with non-US keyboards (keys are hard to
reach) though of more concern; it clashes with the current commands in
the LaTeX bundle.

I’ve been meaning to air the topic, i.e. what do LaTeX users think?
Would it be feasible to find some other keys for the LaTeX bundle?
Though this change won’t happen for the 1.x releases, so there is
some time still…