[TxMt] Re: modifying environmental variables for latex

Dan Lussier dtlussier at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 11:03:16 UTC 2008

Thanks for the info.  I guess I assumed that it was TEXINPUT as I
have done in the past for configuring the shell to process LaTex from
the command line.  I would suggest that this be more clearly noted in
the TM documentation so that this type of confusion can be avoided in
the future.

Also - when I was trying to implement TEXINPUTS I initially had a
problem that my effort to add to what I assume is an existing
variable within TM simply overwrote the whole thing.  The result was
that pdftex was no longer finding even the simplest package.  Again,
contrary to what I have done in the shell the typical bash shell
syntax of $VAR:[additon to var] didn't work at all.  I had success
though when I found the page (link below) on nabble that indicated
that to append to existing variables you need to have a leading colon
on the path like :[additoin to var].  This is another point that
would be good to include more clearly in the TM documentation.

http://www.nabble.com/latex-svn:-TEXINPUTS-not-respected-td8763938.html

I had just one more related follow up question:

- Is there any way other than redefining the variables from within
the preferences dialogue to control the $TEXINPUTS  variable on a per
file or per TM project basis?  This would be handy because often
times latex projects will require different paths to search along,
particularly in terms of graphics.

Thanks again.

Dan