[TxMt] Re: Spaces and 'mate'

Tim Rand timrandg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 18:15:56 UTC 2008

This article (http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=2008021122525348)
shows how to disable the autoswoosh of spaces. In essence each space is then
a completely independent workspace. Clicking on an app in the doc will not
automatically swoosh you to a new space, and command+tab doesn't take you
off your current space. You can then create, for instance, a TextEdit window
in two different spaces, and creating a new window in TextEdit will show it
in the space you are in and put it on top as you would expect it should. In
my oppinion this is the way spaces should work.
Hope that is helpful,
Tim