[TxMt] Spaces and 'mate'

Steve King sking at arbor.net
Thu Oct 23 16:12:38 UTC 2008

I'm running Leopard and use Spaces. I also use the 'mate' command a lot,
often from a different space than the one in which TextMate is running.
When I run "mate /filename/" (or "mate /directory/") from a different
space, the new TextMate window opens in the space TM is already in and
I'm switched to that space automatically. I don't mind that. But the new
window opens /underneath/ the existing TM windows. I often have a number
of windows open (a couple different projects, a web preview window,
etc.) so the new window ends up being completely covered.

Is there any way to change either TextMate's or Spaces' behavior so that
new windows get opened in front of the others?

--
Steve King
Sr. Software Engineer