[TxMt] Re: PyMate and Python 3.0rc1

Domenico Carbotta domenico.carbotta at fastwebnet.it
Wed Oct 15 01:20:22 UTC 2008

> The Python developpers suggest to use 2.x as long as you can, and use
> the conversion tools to translate existing code from 2.x to 3.0 code
> whenever 3.0 is ready.

that sure is an interesting take -- if I state I want to use python 3
here and now, will guido come and grab me by the jacket, shouting "use
it if you dare!" in that sweet dutch accent of his? ;)

anyway, what I meant was PyMate should include the appropriate flavor
of sitecustomize (the current, 2.x-compatible version or the modified,
3.x-compatible version) -- this can be readily obtained by placing the
two different versions in two different folders, and inserting the
appropriate folder in the PYTHONPATH environment variable.

cheers,

d.