[TxMt] Latex Bundle Stop to work on MacTex 2008 installed

Jose Lobato jlobatog at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 13 17:07:26 UTC 2008

Hi,

I completely removed the MacTex 2007 and install 2008. Once this is done it
stops working when I try to build (cmd+R) Get a big red mesage:

Error: Could not open to check for packages
This is most likely a problem with TM_LATEX_MASTER

The text is over a small message that says something like (I have hardly
read it):/bin/sh: kpsewich: cdmmarck not open

( please do not trust this last sentece because as I say I can not see it
well)

So, on: echo $PATH I have:
/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/mysql/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/X11/bin

on which kpsewich:
/usr/texbin/kpsewhich

On ls /usr I see the symbolic link :
lrwxr-xr-x    1 root  wheel     63 Oct 13 10:06 texbin ->
../Library/TeX/Distributions/.DefaultTeX/Contents/Programs/i386

On ls : /Library/TeX/Distributions/.DefaultTeX/Contents/Programs
lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  admin   64 Oct 13 10:07 i386 ->
../../../../../../../usr/local/texlive/2008/bin/universal-darwin

If I open Textmate from the terminal using "open -a textmate" the
typesetting works but on trying to reference a bibtex reference TM hangs and
a ruby script keeps using 100 of my CPU.

All this was with the latest version of the Latex bundle. When I move
backwards to the old version of the bundle (the one that ships with textmate
on August) The Typesetting works but the ruby still hungs on try to use a
reference to bibtex using 100 of my CPU.

Please can anyone help?