[TxMt] templates: tab stops. what's my mistake?

Complex complex.confusion at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 21:16:11 UTC 2008

I'm evaluating TextMate, trying to figure out if I can make the switch
from BBEdit. It looks very much like Linux -- very powerful, but
having a devil of a time getting work done as I make the switch. So
please forgive me as I pepper you with questions. I'm going to try to
put them in separate emails to split them up into threads.

OK, I'm making a new template for my SHTML files. My first question:
how do I make the tab stops work properly?

When I use the following template, the cursor (er, caret in TM
parlance) is at the *start* of the document, and tabbing doesn't move
me to the other positions. I find this odd b/c I thought that the
caret position was supposed to default to the end. Anyway, the tab
stops aren't working at all, so I must be making some mistake. I just
can't find it.

The variables for selected text and date *do* work.

help, please?
CC

<!--#set var="pagetitle" value=""${2:Untitled}"" -->
<!--#set var="page_type" value="class=\"page_article\"" -->

<!--#include virtual="/inc/wrappers/news_releases_top.inc"-->

<!-- BEGIN CONTENT -->

<h3></h3>

${1}${TM_SELECTED_TEXT}

<!-- END CONTENT -->

<!--#include virtual="/inc/wrappers/news_releases_btm.inc"-->